Safeguarding and Child Protection
We take the safety of our children very seriously. We make every effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment underpinned by a culture of openness where both children and adults feel secure, able to talk and believe that they are being listened to. We have clear policies in place to support our safeguarding practice and maintain an attitude of “it could happen here”.
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Safeguarding Policy and Poster
- Online Safety Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy and Poster
- Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2019
If you have a concern regarding the safety and well-being of children please:
- Listen, Reassure, Support.
- Never stop a child but don't push them to tell you more than they wish.
- Do not promise confidentiality - make it clear that you need to pass on information to those who may be able to help.
- Write an account of the conversation immediately, as close to verbatim as possible.
- Put the date and timings on the record, sign it, and give it to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) as soon as reasonably possible.
At Broadlea, the DSL is Sharon Freeley (Headteacher).
The Deputy DSLs are Elizabeth Chambers (Deputy Headteacher), Macala Graham (Family Support) and Nicky Craft (School Business Manager).
Esther Fletcher is our Nominated Safeguarding Governor.
The Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Partnership co-ordinates and ensures the effectiveness of their member agencies in safeguarding children. Keeping children safe is everybody's responsibility. The IOWSCP website brings together information for children, parents and carers and practitioners who work with children and families. This section is aimed at parents/carers with children of all ages who would like more information or support regarding a range of issues surrounding children today.
Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you, or a child you know, online? CEOPS can offer advice and support. Click here to find links to find a range of information about keeping yourself or a child you know safe from child sexual exploitation.