We wear our uniform with pride
Uniform is an important part of a school’s identity. It reinforces who we are as a community and helps enable students to feel pride in their school. It ensures students are not put under any pressure because of the type of clothes they wear and promotes equality. We wear our uniform with pride and thank you for ensuring your children are properly equipped for the school day.
School Uniform Stockist
We use My Clothing Embroidery Service as they have the embroidery equipment able to deal with our colourful logo – you will find all our embroidered items of uniform on their website and ordering is a simple process. This is the same supplier and the same service as was previously offered by Tesco Uniform Embroidery Service.
Please click here for the My Clothing website, this will take you to our school shop where you can purchase:
- Round neck t-shirts with logo for PE only (optional)
- Polo shirt with logo (optional)
- V-neck sweatshirt with logo or V-neck cardigan sweatshirt with logo
- Embroidered school fleece with logo (optional item in addition to or instead of V-neck sweatshirt or cardigan)
Please note that we have sample sweatshirts in a range of sizes in the school office for trying on as a guide before you order.
We have also given you the choice of three bags which are all a suitable size to hang on our school pegs. Children should have a book bag or small school rucksack for their Reading Log, reading book, homework etc.
(All year groups)
- Red V-neck sweatshirt or cardigan with embroidered new school logo (My Clothing)
- Red polo shirt (with embroidered new school logo optional) (My Clothing)
- Embroidered school fleece with logo (optional item in addition to or instead of V-neck sweatshirt or cardigan) (My Clothing)
- Dark, charcoal grey or black trousers, skirts, pinafores or shorts of an appropriate length
- In the Summer term, red/white gingham dresses (leggings should not be worn under dresses and skirts; black ‘Lycra cycling style’ shorts may be worn under dresses and skirts but must not hang below hem length)
- Sensible black school shoes (No backless shoes or open toe sandals; no trainers)
- As an alternative to ‘sensible black school shoes’, children may wear flat, sturdy, black, close fitting (zips or laces), short ankle boots in the colder months. ‘Ugg’ style boots, sloppy, loose fitting pull-on boots, boots higher than the ankle, boots with fur trims, and boots with heels are all unsuitable for safe school wear and are not allowed. If you are unsure if a boot is suitable, please ask for advice before purchasing.
- Plain black, white or grey socks
- Plain black, white, grey or red tights
- Plain black, white, grey or red hair bands without adornments
- No jewellery should be worn in school (plain studs can be worn in pierced ears but they must be removed or taped during PE lessons)
- Make up or nail varnish should not be worn in school
- Long hair should be tied back with plain school-coloured bands or clips
- Hoodies are not to be worn in the classroom or playground
For Reception & Year 1 only, the option to wear a dark charcoal grey or black jogging bottoms instead of trousers, skirt or pinafore. These are particularly suitable for outdoor learning. All other items of the uniform remain the same.
Some parents may wish for their child to wear dark coloured, plain trainers at all times in Reception & Year 1. This is acceptable as we do not want you to have to go to the expensive of buying a pair of shoes which will be rarely worn. However, when it becomes wet and muddy outside, we may review footwear and suggest a pair of cheap, black plimsolls for indoors if trainers are getting muddy and wet.
PE (including Reception from September 2023)
Click HERE for our Pendles Club Shop link
PE kits should be worn on PE days and should follow the guidelines below (no general, multicoloured sports clothing or football kits). We use Pendle Sports Shops for our items with school logo – please login and search for our school, or use the links below.
- Trainers suitable for all sports
- Pendles shorts with school logo* OR Black PE shorts
- Pendles t-shirt with school logo* OR Red round neck t-shirt (not polo shirt)
- Pendles training top with school logo OR Plain, black sweatshirt**
- Pendles joggers with school logo OR Black leggings (plain, thick sports material, no logos, no stripes) or black jogging bottoms (plain, no logos, no stripes)
- Pendles rain jacket Optional - only for those who which to purchase a jacket with school logo
* 1 set of Pendles PE shorts with school logo and Pendles t-shirt with school logo provided FREE for every child in September 2023
** In the case of cold weather, pupils are also permitted to wear a plain, black sweatshirt (no logos, no hoodies) for PE. This must not be worn in the classroom. Pupils should wear their normal Broadlea school cardigan or sweatshirts over their PE kit in the classroom. They may change into a plain, black sweatshirt for the PE lesson only.
Forest School/Outdoor Learning (All year groups)
Forest School/Outdoor Learning clothes should be kept in school all week for Reception & Year 1. Years 2-6 should keep their basic Forest School clothes in school all week for Outdoor Learning (Wellies and Waterproof) and bring their old trousers/fleece/warm clothing in on the correct day for Forest School. Children will learn in a variety of weathers and in all seasons; this is all part of the Forest School philosophy. Because the children may get dirty and wet during these sessions, they will be expected to wear:
- Old trousers
- Fleece or old warm top
- Waterproof coat and trousers
- Hat and gloves/Sunhat