Long Term Plans
Our vision is that every pupil will leave our school achieving academic success, fully equipped and empowered to embrace their future.
- We want our pupils to be equipped to be resilient and active learners who independently find out and explore, problem solve, reflect and think critically.
- We strive for all our pupils to be good communicators and have the necessary literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to successfully access the next stage in their education.
- We want our pupils to be self-aware and to take responsibility for themselves; to understand who they are and their own personal strengths. Our pupils understand good mental health and are prepared with strategies to maintain self-care.
- Our pupils are good citizens ready to take their place in a diverse and modern British society. They are respectful and tolerant, show honesty and integrity and are empathetic towards others and the environment.
- We aim to provide a rich and varied curriculum through our unique learning environment, including Forest School, ICT Suite, Food Tech room, Art/Science room, and extensive school grounds.
- Everyone in our school strives for excellence every day.
Our Core Values are embedded throughout: Respect, Resilience, Excellence.
Our curriculum is designed with our vision, mission statements and core values in mind: it is personalised, reflecting the background and experience of our pupils; it is outward facing, setting learning in local and global contexts wherever possible; it celebrates diversity; and it is rooted in authenticity and context so that learning is relevant.
Broadlea's teaching staff and subject leaders have created an overview of the topics/areas to be covered during the school year. Our school curriculum covers the requirements of the National Curriculum (2014). Please click on the links below for an overview of Foundation Subjects for each year group. (These long term plans are in the process of being updated for 2021-22)
We follow the White Rose Maths Schemes of Learning and Progression Resources. Please click on the links below for our Long Term Plans for Maths.
Please click here for our Reception indoor learning environment tour.
Please find below links to some important resources for you and your child, including the reading scheme (Bug Club) and the phonics scheme (Bug Club Phonics) used in School. Log in details can be found in children's Reading Logs or Planners.
- Bug Club
- For parents: What is Bug Club and what are the benefits?Overview of Bug Club Phonics for parents and carers
If parents/carers would like additional information about our curriculum, these are the ways to access this information:
- Class visits - open morning/afternoon learning sessions
- Parents/carers consultation evenings
- Facebook celebrations of learning
- 'Our Curriculum' pages on the school website
- Class Assemblies